one pot spaghetti
I am always looking for a fresh meal that requires little prep and less clean up. We all know how to make spaghetti, but this recipe uses fresh ingredients and one pot! Yes, just one pot! This has become a staple in our home ever since I stumbled across the recipe and made some adjustments to fit our little family.
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (the more the better for my husband)
2 cups vegetable broth
1 24-ounce can tomato sauce
1 pound organic brown rice and quinoa spaghetti noodles (or your favorite)
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a stockpot, drizzle meat with olive oil, and cook over medium heat until browned.
2. Add onions, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook 2–3 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil.
4. Add spaghetti, tomatoes, and basil.
5. Cover and simmer 20 minutes, until the noodles are cooked.
6. Top with fresh basil leaves and parmesan cheese.