Naturally Dyed Marbled Eggs
Are you looking for a simple project to add an elegant touch to your home or table scape? Marbled eggs are so easy to make with just a few ingredients you may already have on hand. And since you are using natural ingredients, kitchen clean-up will be quick!
White eggs, hardboiled
Small bowl or cup
Gold metallic paint
- Hard boil the eggs, let them cool. (These will NOT be edible later.)
- Mix equal parts grape juice and vinegar in a bowl, enough to submerge your eggs. Place the eggs in the bowl and leave overnight.
- Remove the eggs and rinse gently with water to remove the foamy layer and reveal the marble surface. Set aside in an egg carton to dry.
- Two decorating options: a) Dip the egg partially into a cup of gold paint and place upside-down in the egg carton to dry; b) Dip a paint brush into gold paint and splatter the egg for a different look.
- To display: Arrange the eggs in a bowl, basket, or ceramic egg carton. So pretty!
*Optional: Paint a few of the white hard boiled eggs a solid color, like the peachy egg in the photograph. Or take a sharpie to the white hard boiled eggs and create closed eyes. Adding a combination of styles will create a more fun and textured look to your finished display!