simple Christmas wreath
I’m always looking for a fresh approach to Christmas wreaths. This one is more the minimalist look—simple and clean with a rich, deep colored ribbon that makes a statement.
Wire hoop, 12-14 inch
Faux greens, at least 2 varieties (I chose eucalyptus for one)
Floral tape or floral wire
Ribbon, 1-inch wide or larger
Hot glue gun
- Begin with your base: Cut large stem off the faux greens, and cut into individual stems. Using the smaller stems, lay out your shape into two separate but even bundles.
- Once you’ve decided your wreath design, begin with eucalyptus on the bottom. Attach, piece by piece, with floral tape (the tape will be hidden behind the layers as you go). Continue layering your first half until it’s the desired fullness.
- Check your work periodically by lifting the wreath up to look at it; if a piece doesn’t seem to be laying right, just wrap fishing line or use a dab of hot glue on the stem until it lays the way you want it to.
- Repeat this process on the other side, making it similar to the first.
- Finish with a ribbon in the center; tie a bow, keeping the tails long for more effect.