maple glazed gluten-free pumpkin donuts
What’s that delicious aroma coming from your kitchen? These gluten-free pumpkin donuts are moist, tender and easy to make. As a healthy alternative to frying, this donut is baked. Swirl it in a maple glaze to add a subtle sweetness. Perfect for a cozy breakfast or after-school snack!
*Makes 12 donuts*
1/4 cup vegetable or melted coconut oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1–2 cups powdered sugar
1–2 tablespoons real maple syrup
Crushed walnuts or sprinkles, optional
NOTE: You will need a donut-shaped baking pan for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and butter the baking pan.
- Whisk the eggs and add in the oil, pumpkin puree, sugars, extract, spices and salt.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the gluten free flower and the baking powder. Mix with a whisk to incorporate and lighten the flour (this is in lieu of sifting!).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir gently to combine. Do not overmix.
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 15 minutes. Once baked, let cool and remove from pan.
- To make the glaze, put powdered sugar into a large shallow bowl. Whisk in the maple syrup until you have a thick, glossy consistency. You can adjust the consistency by adding more maple syrup or powdered sugar, as needed.
- After the donuts have cooled, swirl them face down in the glaze and shake off any extra dripping. Top with crushed nuts or sprinkles and set aside for icing to harden.