rope dog leash
I have no actual children, but my long-haired dachshund, Milo, is my baby. Yes, I am that millennial and I. Have. No. Shame. This dog has it pretty good—his own Instagram, a social club every Saturday, and organic home-baked treats. He even had a full-on first birthday party with seven of his closest dog friends! So it seems only natural that I show you how to make your dog’s life as extra as Milo’s.
7 feet of cotton rope
2 Rope clamps
1 Snap hook
Leather sheet (Cricut leather works great)
- Start by looping one end of the rope to create the handle. Use a hammer to clamp it shut with one of the clamps.
- Wrap the leather around the clamp to hide it and glue it in place. Use a binder clip to hold the end of the cord in place while the glue dries.
- Attach the snap hook to the other end and make a small loop. Clamp the loop in place and wrap it in leather, repeat the gluing process.
- For added decoration, wrap yarn in various places and secure with glue.
- If you want to add a tassel, cut a thin strip of leather and make a loop. Cut a 6×6 inch square. Measure an inch down and draw a line across the back of the leather. Cut small, even strips up to that line. Glue the loop to one end of the solid leather and roll to make a tassel. Finish it with a little glue. Use a keychain ring to attach it to one of the strands of rope.
- Attach the leash to your dog and go enjoy a walk together!
Featured model: Kai Laurie