Picnics bring up happy memories of packed meals and blankets spread out in parks, beaches or mountain campsites. This summer, our surroundings have changed and our locations are limited so let’s get creative in celebrating summer wherever we are.
Picnics don’t need to be a huge hassle with a fancy basket—and you don’t need a special occasion. Today is the day to celebrate all that God has done!
A healthy lunch packed in a shopping bag taken as far as your backyard can be a fun and wonderful memory for your family.
What you need is what you have!
- A simple backpack, book bag or large handbag is enough to get started.
- A few throw pillows, some blankets, or a kid’s play tent make a festive backdrop. We decorated a play tent with some remnant fringe I had left from an old project.
- Add a jar of flowers, games for the kids, bring some music along.
- Think outside the box—park in a beautiful, safe spot and have your picnic in the back of your truck or car.
- Cut simple sandwiches into different shapes; wrap them in paper tied with string.
- Use vintage containers if you have some.
Keep it simple. This menu:
- Chicken Pesto Subs
- Cut Fruit
- Cold Pasta Salad
- Kettle Chips
- Mason Jar Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits (from a boxed mix)