grilled zucchini appetizer
Our favorite chef, Jackie shared this recipe with us a few years ago. This end-of-summer appetizer is so easy to make, we just had to have seconds! Fresh, healthy, and low-carb, serve this as a simple appetizer to an Italian dinner—it’s also perfect on an antipasto platter.
2 Italian Zucchini
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, zested
Mint, chopped (handful)
Parsley, chopped (handful)
Basil, chopped (handful)
Black Pepper, to taste
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slices. If you have a mandolin slicer, here’s your chance to use it—watch your fingers!
- Lay zucchini out on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt; let rest for 30 minutes. (This draws moisture out of the zucchini.
- Pat dry and brush off any excess salt. Brush with olive oil on each side.
- Heat a stovetop grill pan to medium-high; drizzle with olive oil. Grill zucchini 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to platter; top with lemon zest, fresh herbs and pepper.
Leave a comment