chocolate silk pie
You can’t go wrong with chocolate in our house. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays (even a Tuesday for that matter) there’s nothing like a little chocolate to finish off a meal. This pie checks off all the boxes . . . rich, quick, and easy. Plus, it’s one of my husband’s all-time favorites. Now that’s what I call a win-win!
For the crust:
- 24 Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup butter, melted
For the pie filling:
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar (add ¼ cup more if you prefer sweeter)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 whole eggs
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch pie plate or spring form pan.
- In a large zip-lock bag, crush Oreo cookies into finely-ground crumbs. Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter together in a medium bowl until combined. Press mixture firmly against the bottom and sides of your pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, while you make the filling.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth (1-2 minutes).
- Combine softened butter and sugar in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to whisk together until fluffy (1-2 minutes). Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Turn your mixer to medium speed and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing for 5 minutes between each egg addition (this is what gives it a silky consistency). Pour filling into the Oreo crust and spread it smoothly. Refrigerator for at least two hours or, as I prefer, overnight.
- I like to serve it with a dollop of whipped cream and some shaved chocolate. Mmm, enjoy!