carrot ginger soup
Here is a simple soup that really helps bolster your immune system and gut health. It’s super yummy and healthy! I make it almost weekly!
1 lb. carrots, roughly chopped
2-4 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 carton (32 oz) vegetable broth
1 lemon or lime
Salt + Pepper
Coconut Milk (optional)
- Coat the bottom of a large cooking pot with avocado oil over medium heat; sauté the onions, garlic and ginger for about five minutes. Add the carrots and continue to sauté until tender, about three more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, cover the pot and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the juice of a whole lemon or lime into the soup; stir it again to combine.
- At this point, you may add more grated ginger and lemon juice, depending on how much of those flavors you want. I like a lot of ginger!
- You can drizzle in some coconut milk to make it a little creamy, or even add maple syryp or honey if you want to sweeten it a bit.
- Serve and enjoy. Quick, easy and healthy!