veggie stir-fry and rice
Healthy stir fry minus the fry? Yes please! Warm, savory veggies in a killer sauce over magic, cauliflower rice. Whether you are vegan or just want an easy, crazy delicious healthy swap for stir fry, this is most definitely worth a try.
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ yellow or sweet onion, sliced very thin (substitute green onion or shallot if you prefer)
- 2 carrots, shredded (I use a peeler for long shreds)
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (Trader Joe’s or online)
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (more if you prefer spicy)
- ½ tsp coriander powder
For sticky rice:
- 1 small head cauliflower, grated (don’t grate the stem too much, mainly just the head)
- 2 tsp miso paste (located with Asian ingredients in grocery stores or online)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Whisk together marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Taste test and add a touch more maple syrup for sweetness or ginger for a more fragrant kick. Up to you, but I swear by these proportions. It’s my tried and true.
- Chop all the veggies. Feel free to substitute any veggies for ones you prefer or happen to have on hand. Add to the marinade and let sit for 15 minutes; or cover and store overnight in the fridge.
- To “fry” veggies, use a dehydrator set to 115° for 3 hours—OR—warm them in the oven on the lowest setting possible.
- To prepare sticky “rice”: Whisk together miso paste, sesame oil, and maple syrup to form a paste. After grating cauliflower, mix it well with the paste.
- Spoon rice onto a serving dish and top with marinated veggies. Devour!
*For more great vegan recipes, check out giaknows.com or follow @giaknows.blog on Instagram.