Shine Bright Bookmarks
“The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light” —Isaiah 9:2
Inspired by our Christmas Celebration this weekend, we made a printout for a bookmark that you can make your own!
Here is a tutorial on a simple pom-pom to dress up the top too!
What you need:
- This PDF
- Hole punch
The to do:
- Start by printing out the bookmark of your choosing on the paper you like! (Feel free to get creative with colors and patterns.) Then punch a small hole in the top center through which you will slip the pom-pom topper.
- Next, gather your spool of yarn and cut an approximately 6-inch piece; set it aside. Using your index and middle finger, wind the yarn around and around many times; 30–40 times is good, depending on the fluffiness of your yarn!
- Next, take that 6-inch piece of yarn and slide it through the base of your two fingers that are wrapped with yarn. Wrap it around toward your fingertips and tie it in a knot. You are effectively tying the circle of yarn in half so it’s shaped like a bow.
- Use your scissors to cut through each of the looped sides of the circle, and fluff your pom! Being sure to leave the original ends of 6-inch string long, you can clean up your pom-pom to make it more circular by giving it a little haircut. Then take the two long strings and place through the hole in your bookmark and secure with a knot.
- Now grab your favorite devotion and put your bookmark in, or make a few as Christmas gifts for friends!
- Warning: once you get the hang of making pom-poms, it is slightly addictive.