mini leather clutch
We’re going to show you a simple DIY gift that any girlfriend is sure to love! This sweet mini-leather clutch is the perfect gift by itself, but you can easily add an extra little something such as lipgloss, hand sanitizer, or a coffee gift card (a must!) inside.
Leather or Suede, 8 ½ x 11 sheets
6mm Brass Screw Backs (purchase at a craft store or online)
Fabric or craft glue (I use E6000 glue)
Leather hole punch
Cutting mat or board
Metallic permanent marker
- Print the template here on a regular 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper and cut the entire shape out. Do not cut the triangles! Use this as a stencil to trace the shape onto the back of the leather sheet with a metallic permanent marker.
- Use the rotary cutter to cut the shape out of leather. Fold the leather in sort of an accordion folding pattern, leaving one triangle for the flap closure. Decide where to locate the brass screw back closure—one on the clutch and another on the top flap. Mark each spot with a marker.
- Unfold the leather and use a leather hole punch to make holes where you just marked. After each hole is made, insert the brass closure in the hole that will be on the inside of the clutch, not on the flap.
- Re-fold the leather and glue the front half of the clutch to the back half. Hold it together with binder clips until the glue dries (it will dry quickly, but it’s best to let it set completely overnight).
- Remove the binder clips and you’re done! If necessary, you can cut a small slit in the hole on the top flap to help it fit nicely over the brass closure.
Such a cute and practical gift—so easy to do, you’ll want to make several in different colors!