marble kitchen utensils
Marble has been one of my favorite things for as long as I can remember. I have marble computer cases, phone cases, etc., so when I can get a chance to decorate with it, you bet I do! So I decided to change up some of my basic bamboo kitchen utensils with this marbled look!
Marble Adhesive Vinyl (I bought mine HERE)
Bamboo Utensils (I bought mine HERE)
Acrylic Paint in color(s) of your choice
Painter’s or Masking tape
- Using painter’s tape, wrap the handle of your utensil starting about 1 to 1 ½ inches from the spoon or spatula portion.
- Paint in your chosen color (I used several different colors). Do 2-3 coats of paint, letting it dry between coats.
- Once it’s thoroughly dry, remove tape and prep your marble adhesive.
- Cut strips about 5 ½ inches long and wide enough to wrap the handle without overlapping too much. You can adjust how long to cut each strip according to how much of the painted handle you want to show.
- Wrap the marble adhesive around each handle, pulling tightly as you go, to create a flushed edge. Be sure the cut seam is on the back side of the handle. Reposition if necessary.
- Finished! Wasn’t that easy? To keep your utensils looking great, be sure to hand wash them.