garlic cashew chicken
When you’re almost always on the go, ordering food out can feel like your only option. But with this recipe, you’ll be able to have your lunch ready to grab & go in your fridge for the week and will take less than an hour of your time to prep! Prepping my meals has eliminated one thing to worry about and has made life easier without having to compromise my health—not to mention, I save money also!
1 ½ lb Chicken Tenders
1 tsp each: garlic powder, onion powder, salt
½ tsp black pepper
¼ cup cornstarch
3 tbsp avocado oil
¼ cup low sodium soy cause
½ cup chicken broth
1 ½ tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1 pkg Stir Fry Vegetable Blend*
1 cup lightly salted cashews
Cooked Jasmine Rice (cook according to package directions)
* If you can’t find this, chop some red onion, broccoli, carrots, bell peppers or whatever veggies you like!
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. In a zip lock bag, toss the chicken with cornstarch.
- Add 2 tbsp avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot enough (check by dipping a wooden spoon into the oil, if small bubbles form around it, it’s ready), add your chicken in a single layer and cook until golden brown. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add another tbsp avocado oil to the pan and add the veggies. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper. Sauté until slightly softened.
- While veggies cook, in a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, minced garlic, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes (optional).
- Remove veggies from skillet and set aside. Add chicken back into the skillet. Add cashews, then sauce mixture and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Serve over cooked jasmine rice and the sautéed vegetables.