easy gluten-free macaroni and cheese
One thing is better than homemade mac n cheese—and that’s homemade baked mac n cheese. This recipe is the definition of comfort food and is also gluten free! It’s a great dish to make for your whole family, and something your kids will enjoy.
12 oz gluten free pasta
¼ cup butter
1 ¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp dried mustard
4 cups milk
¼ cup cornstarch
4 cups shredded cheese, divided
1 tbsp butter
½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add elbow macaroni, stirring occasionally until cooked through, but still slightly firm, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir salt and dried mustard into the melted butter and remove saucepan from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and cornstarch until smooth; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Return saucepan to the stove. Cook the milk mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add 3 cups of the cheddar cheese and combine until melted. Add pasta and stir well. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the cheese, gluten-free bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter, bacon bits and paprika. Sprinkle over the pasta mixture.
- Bake until the top is crunchy, about 30 minutes.
Leave a comment