These are a great go-to snack that I like to keep in the freezer. They are small, but calorically dense with the high content of healthy fats from the coconut oil, coconut, and sunflower seeds, so they typically take the edge off my afternoon hunger! I get all of the ingredients from Trader Joe’s. If you don’t want to bother with the extra step of making the sunflower seed meal, just use ready-made almond meal that you can find in the baking section of most grocery stores.
1/2 cup Sunflower Seed Meal
1 cup Coconut Flakes (unsweetened)
2 tablespoon Honey
1 ½ tablespoon Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
¼ teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt
- To make the sunflower seed meal, put raw sunflower seeds in a small blender (or even a coffee grinder) and blend until they look like flour.
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Scoop 10 one tablespoon sized mounds on a plate.
- Roll each mound into a tight ball in your hand. If they fall apart when you squeeze them into a ball, put the mixture back into the food processor and pulse some more.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Serving Size: 1 ball