Baked Chicken Taquitos
This is an easy recipe for taquitos with a little less fat than the traditional fried version. Just pick your favorite salsa to throw in the slow cooker with your chicken for some extra flavor.
- 1 jar of salsa
- 6 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of tomatillo salsa
- Flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- Slow cook the chicken overnight in a slow cooker, with 1 jar of your favorite salsa and enough water to cover chicken.
- Shred the chicken and combine it with the cream cheese and tomatillo salsa.
- Lay out the flour tortillas and distribute the chicken mixture evenly down the center of the tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla and lay them seam-side down on a baking sheet that has been lightly brushed with olive oil.
- Brush the tops of the tortillas with olive oil. Toothpicks can be stuck in the rolled taquitos, if needed, to keep them from unraveling.
- Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.