When I moved into my first apartment, I was all about DIY everything. I decided to try out these animal magnets and luckily, it was one thing from Pinterest that actually worked! These were really easy to make and add a nice touch to the fridge, using things that you may have lying around the house.
For the magnets:
- Plastic animals from Michael’s (with coupons, of course)
- Dremel tool or X-Acto knife
- Small magnets
- Hot glue gun or super glue
- Spray paint
- First you will have to cut the toy animals in half. That was the tricky part. If you use a Dremel tool, you have to be careful because it cut so quickly that it started melting the plastic a little.
- After they were cut, I sanded them down so the cut part wasn’t so rough and I spray painted them gold.
- You will need to glue the small magnets on them. I found that hot glue isn’t as great because when they got bumped off the fridge, they’d fall and the magnet would pop off, so I’d recommend using super glue.